OCTOBER 2019, HIGH POINT, NC: Leafed glass surfaces in metallic color tones exude a luminescent silver, gold and champagne palette in Maison, a soft transitional French couture collection debuting from Marge Carson at the October High Point Market.
Visual surface interest takes centerstage in the 35-piece collection of bedroom, dining room and occasional furniture, with tabletops and case fronts in variegated leafed glass finishes of Platinum, Bullion and Gun Metal, with options also available in antiqued or clear glass. The leafed glass surfaces are paired with rich wood finishes accented with metal leafing to convey depth and luxury. The look transcends expected furniture design by pairing the French technique of leafed glass, a traditional style element, with soft contemporary forms.
Adding to the mixed media feel and utilization of unique materials, a signature Demilune credenza has a shimmery Penshell surface in contrasting colors, along with an Alabaster Stone top.
“There’s a tremendous interplay of finish, leafing, mirror and materials to create visual interest,” said Chief Executive Officer Jim LaBarge. The custom leafing, combined with finishes and trims, makes each piece a work of art, as all leafing is hand-applied and each item is unique.
Maison silhouettes are soft and curvaceous with graceful shapes, tapered legs and additional surface interest from carved reeded case fronts on select pieces. Subtle style influence comes from both modern and historical French design, along with a dash of Art Deco. “Maison takes Marge Carson’s extensive customization capability to the next level,” said LaBarge. “Depending on the glass finish the designer or consumer selects, the look of Maison can range from Hollywood Glam to elegant contemporary to Metropolitan to Modern Casual.”
Added Creative Director Laurie Reed, “Maison is a play on gold and silver, as its leafed glass accents add a luminescent feeling throughout. Paired with rich wood finishes and metal leaf accents, Maison gives off a glamorous glow and depth of richness that conveys luxury. Maison is also soothing, natural and relaxing, evoking a similar feeling as looking at running water or reflective light.”
Highlights of the Maison Collection:
- Pieces: 35, including bedroom, dining room and occasional.
- Design Elements: Luminescent Variegated leaf finishes of Platinum, Bullion and Gun Metal are paired with rich wood finishes accented with metallic leafing to convey depth and luxury. The look transcends expected furniture design by pairing the French technique of leafed glass, a classic style element, with curvaceous, graceful and more contemporary forms. Style influence comes from both modern and historical French design, with a dash of Art Deco.
- Finishes: There are 3 Variegated Leafed Glass Finishes including:
- Platinum: This cool, silvery finish combines a platinum ground with flecks of rich gray and mushroom for an edgy elegant look. Platinum is paired with wood finishes and wood leaf finishes such as Contemporary Pumice, Slate, Bombay and Cashmere Silver. Lighter neutral fabrics, along with muted pastels and black and white, provide a luxurious backdrop for this finish story.
- Bullion: This deep, rich gold is accented with flecks of chocolate brown for a warm, luxurious effect. Bullion is paired with finishes like Briar, Contemporary Briar and Bombay, and finish trims include Cashmere Gold and Aged Medici. The essence of regal richness, Bullion is paired with an upholstery color palette of warm colors with umber and red tones and sparkling accents in places.
- Gun Metal: “Gun Metal is our fairy dust, whimsical finish,” said Reed. Used primarily as an accent finish, Gun Metal is a silver gray with a hint of powder blue and burnished gold accents. This is a lighter, more romantic look and is paired with Cashmere Silver.
- Hardware: Spanning the color wheel from warm to cool tones, Maison’s artistic hardware has an interlocking jewelry chain-like look on selected pieces. Other pieces have a love-knot shaped pull. With the Platinum leafed glass finish, the Matte Antique Nickel hardware finish is used, and for the Bullion leafed glass finish, Polished Bronzed Brass is used.
Maison Collection Pieces
MAS27 Maison Armoire
The glass panels within the grid-like front of this striking focal point piece can be in any of the luminescent variegated leaf finishes of Platinum, Bullion or Gun Metal, or in clear or antiqued glass. The leafed glass is paired with a rich wood finish on the case and tapered leg base to convey depth and luxury.
MAS08-2 Maison Round Dining Table
This 54-inch round table may be topped with your choice of luminescent or reflective glass finishes. The French-inspired curved apron and graceful tapered legs create a look of elegance. Table can be used as a dining table or center table.
MAS10-2 Maison Credenza
This four-door demilune-shaped credenza is a stunning showpiece of shimmering, contrasting natural materials in shell or stone. At High Point Market, the background will be in the Dark Raven Penshell, and the contrasting swirl pattern in Silver Mosaic Penshell. The top is Alabaster Stone.
MAS11-2 Maison Panel Bed
An iconic centerpiece of any master bedroom suite, the simple silhouette of the Maison panel bed can be dressed up for edgy elegance by applying any of the variegated leafed glass finishes to the headboard, foot board and side rails. Or keep it simple and more casual by using a more classic finish.
MAS16B Maison Bar Cabinet
Complementing the shimmering leafed glass door fronts is artistic, vertical hardware in an interlocking jewelry chain-like design. The base is delicate with tapered legs.
MAS15 Maison Dresser
The Maison dresser is one of several pieces in the collection with a carved wood reeded case front that contrasts with a glass top in a leafed or clear finish. Delicate legs complete the elegant silhouette.
- Marge Carson to Unveil Fashion Beds, Upholstery, Tables and New Finishes at Spring High Point Market, all Sourced in Mexico with 8 to 14-week Delivery Times
- Marge Carson Achieves 8-Week Upholstery Delivery Times, Expands Line at HPMKT
- Marge Carson Upholstery Looks to Shape, Trim and Simpler Pillow Assortments
- Maison French Couture Collection Shimmers with Variegated Metallic Leaf Finishes
- Marge Carson-October 2019 Teaser and Press Release
- April Market 2018 5
- April Market 2019 2
- April Market 2022 1
- furniture 15
- High Point Furniture Market 2
- High Point Market 2018 October 5
- Highpoint Market 2019 4
- market 2016 1
- market 2017 5
- Market October 2019 2
- media 20
- news 23
- October Market 2021 1