City of Industry, Calif. - Oct. 11, 2021: After exiting Asian sourcing and consolidating its production and distribution in North America early this year, high-end furniture brand Marge Carson is heading to the Fall High Point Market consistently achieving 8 week or better delivery times on upholstered furniture and beds, and 8-10 weeks on case goods.
“Customers have been euphoric about getting their furniture from us in an 8-week or shorter window, provided the fabrics are in stock,” said CEO Jim LaBarge. “We believe we are gaining market share, as we are hearing that many delivery times in the industry are stretching out to 24 and even 30 weeks currently.”
Since January, the company has relocated its headquarters to City of Industry and has been producing all upholstered furniture and its popular Palo Alto custom bedroom line in the high-craftsmanship area of Tijuana, Mexico. It is in process of opening a central distribution center in South El Monte, Calif. that will house all finished goods, fabrics, and a COM and sample department, to further improve customer service and freight transit times, LaBarge said.
At the HPMKT this week in its 121 N. Hamilton Street showroom, the Company will show its extensive line of sculptured sofa, sectional, chair and chaise silhouettes in transitional and traditional styles, adding to its over 700 fabrics, trims and leathers. In addition, Marge Carson is expanding its Solstice Bedroom and adding new product categories including occasional tables, a dining table and chairs and barstools:
- At the market, Marge Carson will add a dresser and nightstand to its upholstered Solstice sleigh bed and mirror with customizable bed bases, finishes and hardware that is part of the Palo Alto bedroom line. That line has 8-week delivery on beds and 8 to 10 weeks on the dresser, mirrors and nightstands.
- The company will expand its new Cascade living room table collection with upholstered bases and mirrored, glass or wood tops. The upholstered bases are now available with channeled, tufted or box-quilted tailoring treatments on the base.
- The Cascade collection will add a dining table and chairs.
- The company will re-introduce its most popular upholstered barstools and counter stools.
- Marge Carson will add mixed media to its custom Palo Alto Bedroom line including raffia, Ostrich leather and novelty leathers.
Headquartered in City of Industry, California, luxury furniture brand Marge Carson was founded in 1947 by interior designer Marge Carson of Pasadena. One of the world’s leading privately-owned furniture companies, Marge Carson is a resource for high-end residential upholstery, bedroom and occasional furniture available internationally through high-end furniture retailers, design center showrooms and interior designers.
- Marge Carson to Unveil Fashion Beds, Upholstery, Tables and New Finishes at Spring High Point Market, all Sourced in Mexico with 8 to 14-week Delivery Times
- Marge Carson Achieves 8-Week Upholstery Delivery Times, Expands Line at HPMKT
- Marge Carson Upholstery Looks to Shape, Trim and Simpler Pillow Assortments
- Maison French Couture Collection Shimmers with Variegated Metallic Leaf Finishes
- Marge Carson-October 2019 Teaser and Press Release
- April Market 2018 5
- April Market 2019 2
- April Market 2022 1
- furniture 15
- High Point Furniture Market 2
- High Point Market 2018 October 5
- Highpoint Market 2019 4
- market 2016 1
- market 2017 5
- Market October 2019 2
- media 20
- news 23
- October Market 2021 1