South El Monte, Calif. – March 24: At the Spring High Point Market, high end resource Marge Carson will leverage its position as one of the first major companies sourcing furniture from Mexico, debuting a range of new items sourced and warehoused in North America, enabling the high-end producer to offer 8 to 14-week delivery times on the introductions.
“Retailers tell us that product availability and timely deliveries are their first priority,” said Jim LaBarge, Marge Carson’s CEO. “Beyond timely deliveries, they are looking for stability of pricing. Since we exited Asian importing and consolidated our production and warehousing in North America in early 2021, we’re able to achieve 8 to 14-week lead times on current and new products,” he said. “And because we don’t have the huge ocean freight costs, we’re able to offer very competitive values on custom-made products,” he added. At the April HPMKT in its 121 N. Hamilton Street showroom, Marge Carson will introduce two fashion beds, two new occasional table groups, several new upholstery offerings, four new finishes and multiple new fabrics. Highlights include:
- The Versailles Bed. Inspired by a top-selling sculptured sofa of the same name, this statement bed “has gotten rave reviews by all who have seen it because it combines luxurious upholstery with the ribbon-motif hand carved wood on the headboard with exquisite custom finish treatments,” said LaBarge.
- The Cascade Bed. Offering the same design theme as Marge Carson’s Cascade living room table collection with tailored upholstered bases, the Cascade Bed has vertical upholstered channeling on the headboard and footboard, along with wood trim with custom finish options.
- The Bali Occasional Table Collection. Featuring architecture elements, fretwork motifs and a slight Asian flair, this collection offers 2 cocktail tables, and end, chairside and console tables and a mirror with beading detail, offering clear glass tops and multiple wood finishes.
- The Giverny Table Collection. French-inspired and lightly-scaled, this collection has graceful silhouettes in a younger, more updated approach to traditional style and offers 2 cocktails, an end, chairside and console table and mirror.
- Upholstery offerings include the addition of a chaise, chair-and-a-half and new Tribeca design to the popular Custom Couture line. The Tribeca Sofa features a new wood track arm perfect for holding drinks, food, cell phones and other items. A new track arm style is being added to the Bentley sofa, chair and sectional line; a slope arm and wedge arm is being added to the Santa Barbara sectional line, and a shelter arm will be offered on the new Burton Sofa.
- Four new finishes: Bisque, Oatmeal, Almond and Sea Salt. Bisque is a California Casual-inspired finish with texture and open grain; Sea Salt has a crushed seashell look with cerusing for a sophisticated casual look in a bone coloration with white rub through; Oatmeal and Almond both feature a lot of depth and watermarking. Oatmeal blends creams, taupes and beiges, while Almond blends browns and taupes.
Headquartered in South El Monte, California, luxury furniture brand Marge Carson was founded in 1947 by interior designer Marge Carson of Pasadena. One of the world’s leading privately-owned furniture companies, Marge Carson is a resource for high-end residential upholstery, bedroom and occasional furniture available internationally through high-end furniture retailers, design center showrooms and interior designers.
- Marge Carson to Unveil Fashion Beds, Upholstery, Tables and New Finishes at Spring High Point Market, all Sourced in Mexico with 8 to 14-week Delivery Times
- Marge Carson Achieves 8-Week Upholstery Delivery Times, Expands Line at HPMKT
- Marge Carson Upholstery Looks to Shape, Trim and Simpler Pillow Assortments
- Maison French Couture Collection Shimmers with Variegated Metallic Leaf Finishes
- Marge Carson-October 2019 Teaser and Press Release
- April Market 2018 5
- April Market 2019 2
- April Market 2022 1
- furniture 15
- High Point Furniture Market 2
- High Point Market 2018 October 5
- Highpoint Market 2019 4
- market 2016 1
- market 2017 5
- Market October 2019 2
- media 20
- news 23
- October Market 2021 1